Kosi Forest Lodge - Directions
From Johannesburg, head towards Piet Retief and then Pongola. Proceed through Pongola towards the town of Mkuze, on the N2 heading south. Follow the map below from Mkuze. Travelling time is about 6 ½ to 7 hours.
Take the N2 north out of Durban, bypassing Richards Bay and Empangeni and head towards the town of Mkuze. Bypass Mkuze and 10km later you will see the sign to Jozini, turning right. Travelling time is about 4 ½ to 5 hours.
Guests in two-wheel drive vehicles needing a transfer must meet at the KwaNgwanase Police Station. Please pre-arrange transfers. Transfers are at 12h00 or 16h00.
- Kosi Forest Lodge has six twin rooms; one family suite and one honeymoon suite
- All rooms have an en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Kosi Forest Lodge is located in the Kosi Forest Nature Reserve which is part of the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, now internationally recognised as a World Heritage site.
- Tembe Elephant Park is a 30,000ha wilderness with brilliant elephant viewing and is only a 40-minute drive from Kosi Forest Lodge.
- Kosi Forest Lodge falls within a malaria area and precautions should be taken before a visit.
- The nearest scheduled flights are from Richards Bay or Durban.
- There is a 800m grass landing-strip 5km from Kosi Forest Lodge
- The lodge has no electricity